MHCN plays an important role for mental health carers in NSW:
- as the peak body for mental health carers through its Sydney office, consulting with carers and advocating for their needs;
- by supporting the NSW Mental Health Commission in the development and implementation of a strategic plan for the comprehensive reform of mental health services across the State; and,
- through the direct support of carers of people living with mental illness through its Regional Branches in Hunter, Illawarra and Central Coast.
Your support is instrumental in the work that we do!
There are many benefits of becoming a member of Mental Health Carers NSW Inc. (MHCN)!
- Keep up to date with the latest news, events, carer specific information, carer research participation opportunities, and a topical report on a relevant issue from Jonathan Harms, CEO, (or special guest columnist) by receiving our weekly e-news on Fridays;
- The chance to participate in promotional activities, such as going into the draw to win tickets to events, training, mental health related performances etc.
- Early bird registration opportunities for MHCN events;
- Receiving regular updates about new MHCN resources, submission results, and videos of events;
- Opportunities to get involved in MHCN activities e.g. participation in consultations, surveys, Peak Advisory Committees, etc.;
- The right to vote for Board members during MHCN Annual General Meeting (AGM) and the right to nominate yourself to become a member of the Board.
Membership is easy! You can fill out a MHCN Membership Application Form, submit payment, and then send your form back to MHCNadmin@mentalhealthcarersnsw.org, or Project Officer Laura Knight firstname.lastname@example.org.
When submitting your payment online, make sure to include your name in the ‘reference’ or description box, so we know who paid us!
Once your membership has been received, you will receive a MHCN Welcome membership pack with your membership information and any promotional offerings.