Looking to find out how to prepare for the NDIS and key tips for assessment planning meetings? Check out the following resources from Carers Australia & Mental Health Australia:
- Guide for Mental Health Carers on the National Disability Insurance Scheme
- Mental Health Carer Checklist to prepare for NDIS assessment planning meetings
- Carers NSW Carer Checklist to assist carers to think about and describe the supports they provide to a person with a disability.
- Supporting Families & Carers Factsheet
- Information for Aboriginal people with disability, their families, carers and communities about the NDIS
- Starting My NDIS Plan with a Support Coordinator
- NDIS Carer Statement Template
Want to find out what supports the NDIS will fund?
Information on nominees & guardians under the NDIS:
- Click here to access information on the NDIS wesbite on nominees and guardians.
Psychosocial Disability, Recovery & the NDIS:
For information on access eligibility, transition of mental health services and carers and family members, check out this resource from the NDIA Mental Health Webinar October 2015:
- What are the quality and safeguards arrangements for people with disability during transition?
- NDIS Carer Discussion Report 2017: This report provides further detail and insight into the processes involved in accessing and participating in the NDIS and identifies key concerns for mental health carers.
- NDIS Price Guide July 2017: This document is designed to assist disability support providers, both current and prospective, to understand the way that pricing and payments work in the NDIS.
Local Area Coordinators
Do you need to make a complaint about your experience with the NDIS?