Date & Time
All carers go through a ‘caring journey’ and everyone’s journey is different. Entering into a caring role is not always a conscious choice and can be challenging and confronting at times. Educating oneself helps us to have awareness of why we think and feel the way we do and become more mindful of the way we interact with others, empowering us in our caring capacity. Through learning, we can eliminate the unknowns and feel more in control.
By the end of this course, you will know the different stages to expect of your caring journey, understand the dynamics which can be at play in your evolving relationships, become aware of your own resilience and have hope for the future by covering the topics of Change, Power Dynamics, Solution Focused and Resilience theories.
About the Trainer, Anne Stedman
Carer peer trainer, Anne Stedman, brings her passion, knowledge and lived experience of mental health caring to developing and delivering training workshops for MHCN. She has a BA and a Masters in International Communication, TAFE Training qualifications for Certificate IV Mental Health and Alcohol and Other Drugs, and Diploma Mental Health as well as has extensive volunteering experience and a keen interest in community development and empowerment.
- The training is FREE – so don’t miss out on booking your spot.
- Flexible attendance options – we offer either in person sessions or online sessions on ZOOM, so that you can learn from a place convenient for you.
- Our training is delivered by a carer peer trainer who is empathetic and understanding and offers you the opportunity to meet and connect with other carers.
- At the end of your session, you will receive a free learner toolkit. This is a invaluable resource which contains information on what you learnt in the training as well as relevant contacts and forms which you may require during times of crisis or when seeking support.
- MHCN is the peak body for mental health carers in NSW, giving you access to a wealth of insider knowledge and experience gained over many years. This training gives you the opportunity to connect with us and learn more about the work we are doing.
- You can provide feedback about the training, tell us what you would like to learn more about, how we helped or where we could improve.
For further information on this course and other courses held by MHCN, please visit our website at https://www.mentalhealthcarersnsw.org/learn/training-and-education/
Thursday, 28 September 2023
10:00 am – 2:00 pm
This is an in person event held at Mental Health Carers NSW head office:
Suite 2.02, Building C, 33 Saunders St, Pyrmont NSW 2009
Please note that when you successfully register for this in person course, Trybooking will automatically send you:
- A confirmation email with a receipt and the in person session information
- An automated email again with the in person session information, pre-evaluation link and other information.
Please save these emails, so you have easy access to all the necessary information. If you do not receive these emails in your main email inbox, please check your junk folder. If you are sure you have not received these emails, please contact us via email, firstname.lastname@example.org