Are you passionate about mental health reform and ensuring people’s voices are heard for systemic change? Do you have experience working in an administrative setting and working within a diverse team? Do you have a knack for organisation and efficiency? We are looking for you! We are excited to announce that we are seeking a full time Administration Officer!
This role reports directly to MHCN’s Business and Organisation Support Services Manager (BOSS Manager). The primary objective of this role is to support the BOSS team provide a consistent and high level of administrative and secretariat support across the MHCN organisation and to the Board.
The role will also include coordinating the smooth functioning of MHCN’s office operations and relationships within the Collective Purpose (CP) Shared Workspace and, through task delegation from the BOSS Manager, provide support to the other team managers at MHCN with administration tasks.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Demonstrated experience providing administrative support across a range of teams or projects.
- Ability to write clearly, succinctly and with excellent attention to detail across various written formats and media.
- Experience working as part of a team including collaborating on work tasks or projects with colleagues or internal stakeholders.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite as well as other programs such as ZOOM, Survey Monkey, Doodle Poll, etc.
BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH MHCN
- A full-time fixed term position with possibility of extension and a competitive salary: Social, Community, Home Care & Disability Services Award Level 3 Pay Point 1 – Pay Point 4, plus Super & Option of Salary Packaging to increase take home pay.
- Additional days-off, above the Award leave, (between Xmas and New Year’s Day).
- Flexible working arrangements such as flexible start/ finish times, and generous working from home options.
- A workplace wellbeing program including membership of Uprise Wellbeing and EAP services and regular wellbeing events.
- Work for a peak-body organisation with a systemic approach to raising the voice of carers to create change.
- Opportunity to work at Collective Purpose, a modern workspace shared by four likeminded community managed organisations in a city-location.
- Welcoming and inclusive culture encouraging diversity and equal opportunity.
MHCN is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified applicants and strongly encourages applications from people with diverse backgrounds including First Nations people, LGBTQIA+ people, culturally and linguistically diverse people, people living with disabilities and people with a lived experience of or caring for someone living with a mental health condition and/or psychosocial disability.
MHCN encourages applicants to request reasonable adjustments to facilitate the recruitment process. MHCN will consider reasonable adjustments requests to facilitate employment of the right candidate. For further information or discussion, please contact Laura at MHCNadmin@mentalhealthcarersnsw.org
This role requires evidence of the following checks/clearances:
- National Criminal History Record Check in accordance with the Disability Inclusion Act 2014.
- Primary COVID19 vaccination shots 1 & 2.
- Eligibility to work and live in NSW, Australia.
- Education or Skill Qualifications (if requested), that were used as part of their application or a requirement of the role.
Evidence of the above checks must be provided by the successful applicant prior to or within a specified period of the role starting. Employment is conditional upon satisfactory completion of these requirements.
How to apply
Please read the application guidelines in the Recruitment Process attached in the Recruitment Information Kit and submit your completed application (resume & and responses to the selection criteria) to Laura Knight, Business and Organisation Support Services Manager at MHCNadmin@mentalhealthcarersnsw.org
2nd February, 2023