Date & Time
Want to engage in advocacy, but don’t know the first thing about it?
Carers & Advocacy: Foundations introduces participants to the beginning of their advocacy journey, so carers can develop a general understanding and start to build their capacity to advocate for themselves and their loved ones.
This course covers the basics of advocacy, the types of advocacy, who’s involved, and features of the journey.
By the end of this course, you should understand the basics of what advocacy is, the stages of caring, the barriers and strategies in advocacy and how to use your newfound knowledge to self-empower!
About the Trainer, Anne Stedman
Carer peer trainer, Anne Stedman, brings her passion, knowledge and lived experience of mental health caring to developing and delivering training workshops for MHCN. She has a BA and a Masters in International Communication, TAFE Training qualifications for Certificate IV Mental Health and Alcohol and Other Drugs, and Diploma Mental Health as well as has extensive volunteering experience and a keen interest in community development and empowerment.
- The training is FREE – so don’t miss out on booking your spot.
- Flexible attendance options – we offer either in person sessions or online sessions on ZOOM, so that you can learn from a place convenient for you.
- Our training is delivered by a carer peer trainer who is empathetic and understanding and offers you the opportunity to meet and connect with other carers.
- At the end of your session, you will receive a free learner toolkit. This is a invaluable resource which contains information on what you learnt in the training as well as relevant contacts and forms which you may require during times of crisis or when seeking support.
- MHCN is the peak body for mental health carers in NSW, giving you access to a wealth of insider knowledge and experience gained over many years. This training gives you the opportunity to connect with us and learn more about the work we are doing.
- You can provide feedback about the training, tell us what you would like to learn more about, how we helped or where we could improve.
For more information:
Email: Jade Curran – firstname.lastname@example.org