Date & Time
About the Training
A person’s mental health journey is never linear and the concept of recovery, or achieving the optimal state of personal, social and emotional wellbeing, whilst living with or recovering from a mental health condition, will vary for everyone. People are unique and have individual differences, such as age, gender, culture, beliefs and support networks.
When caring for a loved one, friend or person with mental health issues it is important to treat them with dignity and respect regardless of their emotional experiences and to remain optimistic by looking at their journey and supporting them through the lens of recovery, empowering them to take control of their own life.
We understand that this can be challenging at times which is why we have designed this course to equip you with the knowledge and practical tools to successfully do this, as well as provide strategies to look after your own self-care in the process.
By the end of this training session you will understand the concept of recovery in the mental health field, feel confident in navigating the recovery model of care in diverse settings, become aware of how to use a Wellness Recovery Action Plan (WRAP) and feel like you have the appropriate knowledge and resources to help and support your loved one with their recovery.
About the Trainer, Anne Stedman
Carer peer trainer, Anne Stedman, brings her passion, knowledge and lived experience of mental health caring to developing and delivering training workshops for MHCN. She has a BA and a Masters in International Communication, TAFE Training qualifications for Certificate IV Mental Health and Alcohol and Other Drugs, and Diploma Mental Health as well as has extensive volunteering experience and a keen interest in community development and empowerment.
- The training is FREE! For a limited time MHCN is running this training at no cost to you, so don’t miss out!
- Flexible attendance options – we offer in person and online training so that you can learn from a place convenient for you, attend from the comfort of your own home, anywhere in NSW, Australia or the world!
- Our training is delivered by a carer peer trainer who is empathetic and understanding and offers you the opportunity to meet and connect with other carers.
- At the end of your session, you will receive a free learner toolkit. This is a invaluable resource which contains information on what you learnt in the training as well as relevant contacts and forms which you may require during times of crisis or when seeking support.
- MHCN is the peak body for mental health carers in NSW, giving you access to a wealth of insider knowledge and experience gained over many years. This training gives you the opportunity to connect with us and learn more about the work we are doing.You can provide feedback about the training, tell us what you would like to learn more about, how we helped or where we could improve.
For further information on this course and other courses held by MHCN, please visit our website at https://www.mentalhealthcarersnsw.org/learn/training-and-education/
Monday, 28 August 2023
10:00 am – 2:00 pm
Live online via ZOOM.
Please note that when you successfully register for this live online course, Trybooking will automatically send you:
- A confirmation email with a receipt and the in person or live online information
- An automated email again with the in person or live online information, pre-evaluation link and other information.
Please save these emails, so you have easy access to all the necessary information. If you do not receive these emails in your main email inbox, please check your junk folder. If you are sure you have not received these emails, please contact us via email, email@example.com