Date & Time
As carers, family members, and friends of persons living with differing degrees of mental health issues, it is important to know that you are not alone and have access to supports which can help you ease the burden of your caring journey and be a better advocate for yourself and others.
The NSW mental health system offers many supports to assist you, however the system is complex and broad and at times it can be overwhelming to know where to start.
At MHCN, we want you to be on the best possible footing in order to utilise the aids available to you and apply them to your personal caring experience. This course aims to equip you with basic knowledge so that you feel empowered and confident to navigate the NSW mental health system and do just that.
About the Trainer, Anne Stedman
Carer peer trainer, Anne Stedman, brings her passion, knowledge and lived experience of mental health caring to developing and delivering training workshops for MHCN. She has a BA and a Masters in International Communication, TAFE Training qualifications for Certificate IV Mental Health and Alcohol and Other Drugs, and Diploma Mental Health as well as has extensive volunteering experience and a keen interest in community development and empowerment.
- The training is FREE – so don’t miss out on booking your spot.
- Flexible attendance options – we offer either in person sessions or online sessions on ZOOM, so that you can learn from a place convenient for you.
- Our training is delivered by a carer peer trainer who is empathetic and understanding and offers you the opportunity to meet and connect with other carers.
- At the end of your session, you will receive a free learner toolkit. This is a invaluable resource which contains information on what you learnt in the training as well as relevant contacts and forms which you may require during times of crisis or when seeking support.
- MHCN is the peak body for mental health carers in NSW, giving you access to a wealth of insider knowledge and experience gained over many years. This training gives you the opportunity to connect with us and learn more about the work we are doing.
- You can provide feedback about the training, tell us what you would like to learn more about, how we helped or where we could improve.
Funded by the National Disability Insurance Agency.
For more information:
Email: Jade Curran – email@example.com